No 3, Vol.6, May – June 2015
Ho Chi Minh Museum is a memorial-type museum, a part of the Historic-Cultural Legacy Complex which includes Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Ho Chi Minh’s Living Quarters and Ho Chi Minh Museum. The museum was opened on May 19th, 1990, the 100th Anniversary of the birth of Ho Chi Minh.
The museum building is shaped like a 20 m tall white lotus. The exhibition space is 4,000 m2, showcasing over 2,000 documents and artefacts (from nearly 17,000 items stored in the museum’s basic collection) that introduce the life and legacy of Chairman Ho Chi Minh, in connection with Vietnam’s and the world’s history. There is also 600 m2 for topical exhibitions and cultural activities. The museum’s library has over 8,000 titles, its archive – about 35 documents for Ho Chi Minh-related research. The Exploration and Experience Space of the museum is an area of 150 m2.
Every year, Ho Chi Minh Museum receives over a million visitors, among whom more than 1/5 are foreigners.
To celebrate the 125th Anniversary of our National hero and World cultural icon Ho Chi Minh (May 19, 1890 – May 19, 2015), Ho Chi Minh Museum will initiate the following activities:
1. Opening of the ‘Noble yet modest role models’ exhibition, which honours 125 of the most outstanding persons from all occupations and areas, who learned and followed Ho Chi Minh’s moral example. The exhibition will open at 9 a.m., May 15, 2015 and lasts till the end of July, 2015.
2. Opening of ‘Chairman Ho Chi Minh, the inspirer of creativity’ exhibition, which introduces 79 artefacts and documents corresponding to the 79 years of Chairman Ho Chi Minh’s life. These are gifts-some of which are being shown for the first time to the public-from our people and from international friends of Chairman Minh during his life. The exhibition will be open at Ho Chi Minh Museum from May 18, 2015 to June 10, 2015.
3. Educational activities for children from the 15th to the 20th of May on the premises of the Museum. The kids will have memorable experiences by viewing pictures from the patriotic movement initiated by Uncle Ho; learning about exemplary kids from that movement who received a badge from Uncle Ho; competing in telling stories and singing songs about Uncle Ho; recycling products; making and wearing rubber sandals and many other games.
4. Conference titled ‘Some solutions to attract visitors to museums and memorials dedicated to Chairman Ho Chi Minh’ on 27-29th of May, 2015 in Tra Vinh city, in cooperation with the local Dept. of Culture, Sports and Tourism. This is a chance for the Network of Ho chi Minh Museums and Memorials to clarify information related to Chairman Ho Chi Minh’s life and legacy, and to try and find ways to attract tourists to visit the Museums and Memorials.
5. The Ho Chi Minh Museum has been constructing a special exhibit ‘Space where Uncle Ho wrote his last Will’ to open to the public on this occasion. This additional exhibition space revives the years Chairman Ho Chi Minh contemplated his historical ‘Will’, which is now one of the 30 National Treasures that the Prime Minister had decreed to recognize in 2012.
Education Bureau – Ho Chi Minh Museum
Tel. : – (84.4) 38463757 – 38463752, ext.: 176 – (84.4) 37341800.
Address: No 19 – Ngoc Ha St – Ba Dinh Dist – Hanoi
Tel. : (84.4) 38463752 – 38463757 – Fax. : (84.4) 38439837
Website. : http://www.baotanghochiminh.vn